The Chatswood Chamber offers some suggestions to help make our networking functions a success.
- Attend as many functions as possible. You will get from these functions what you put into them.
- Wear your name tag on the right, so that when you shake hands your name is easily read.
- Bring plenty of business cards to all functions. They can be your most valuable tool so do not hesitate to exchange them.
- When you receive a business card, make sure write any relevant information on the back, as soon as you return home or to the office.
- Be mobile in the crowd – MIX AND MINGLE!
- Establish a goal for the number of new business contacts/cards you will have at the end of a function and do not hesitate to ask associates to introduce you to others.
- Plan for success and follow up the next day with an email or a phone call.
If you are an existing member – try coming to more functions – you’ll be surprised what a difference being there makes. If you aren’t a member – now is the time to join. And grow your business.
If you’d like more information on any aspect of the Chamber’s activities, please make contact with our Secretary, Julie Burgess, on 9415 2636.